Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My guilty pleasure tradition

Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet #4)
Nora Roberts

I have a tradition, a completely girly and irrational tradition that I love and hope to continue for many years. On the day that a new Nora Roberts book comes out, I purchase it at my local bookstore, crack open a bottle of red wine, and read it cover-to-cover. I give myself permission to drink the WHOLE bottle of wine, cry freely at the over-the-top romantic parts, and disregard any work/social functions to stay up to the wee hours to make sure that the leading man and woman end up Happy Ever After!

Happy Ever After is the final member of the Bride Quartet: Parker Brown. Parker created Vows – a premier wedding business in the ultra-rich Greenwich – for her and her three best friends and continued to make their dream a reality by being the glue that held everything together. Efficient, supreme multi-tasker, level-headed, and organized beyond belief, Parker never saw herself falling for her mechanic, Mal Kavanaugh. But, as Mal proves to be much more than he appears on the surface, Parker finds that he may just be everything she has ever wanted but never planned for.

I am capable of understanding books with complex themes and subtexts and then dissect and discuss them on an intellectual level…I even enjoy books such as that on a fairly regular basis. However, my favorite genre of all time is contemporary romance (heavy on the contemporary, medium on the romance) and Nora Roberts is a goddess in my world. I realize NR novels are unrealistic, contrived, and fit a cookie-cutter mold….and I could care less. They are my guilty pleasure and I love every single word on every single page! :)

Let the countdown begin to July 7, 2011, when the next Nora Roberts novel (Chasing Fire) is released!

No comments:

Post a Comment