Saturday, November 27, 2010

Death would have been an excellent vacation compared to reading this detestable book

Death's Excellent Vacation
Edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner

Horrible. Mindless. Drivel. I really only picked this book up for the Harris and MacAlister short stories but thought the others would be fun, short, paranormal stories that would maybe introduce me to a new author. Not. I know who's books I would never freaking touch with a ten foot pole. I may actually never go into the paranormal section again for fear of traumatic flashbacks.

First of all, shame on you Harris. I truly despise it when authors write something simply because they think it will add to a movie or TV show (yeah, I'm talking to you too Stephenie Meyer about The Second Short Life of Bree Tanner) and that is exactly what Harris's story, Two Blondes was - a stupid, out of character story that provided some girl-on-girl action that Alan Ball is going to get his hand on and sensationalize on TrueBlood. For J.C. sake, Harris dedicated the book to him!

And MacAlister, you chose to write your short story about Jim?! I mean, I think he is a witty, and funny supporting character, but who really wants to go home and learn more about him - didn't we learn our lesson about this from the spin-off Joey?!

Why the half star you ask? Well, I was pleasantly entertained by One for the Money by Jeaniene Frost (despite her poor title choice. Seriously, don't copy the first book title of a wildly successful chick lit series), and while this compliment is something like saying you are tallest person in a room full of midgets, it did give me the false hope that there were other tolerable stories in this book. There weren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment