Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Whether it be tattoos or fire, Salander is HOT

The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium Trilogy #2)
Stieg Larsson

W-O-W! This book was phenomenal! After reading Dragon Tattoo, which I really enjoyed, I just wasn't left with a burning desire to immediately jump into the next book so I took my time getting to it. However, this book was everything Dragon Tattoo was, plus everything it was lacking.

Larsson follows the same kind of plot format that he did with the first book - a story within a story - only this time the first and last bits didn't bore me to tears. The opening catches up with Salander about a year after the last book ended - she has been travelling a bit, learning complicated math, and still investigating those people around her. Blomkvist is back at the magazine and the next scandalous expose, this time about sex trafficking, lands in his hands. The expose would implicate many high-society people, cops, journalists, and sleaze-balls.

I don't want to give too much away but the sex trafficking story is intricately woven into Salander's story of running from the law that leads to a rekindling of the unlikely partnership between the journalist and the genius social-outlier. There was a total OMG! twist at the end that I never saw coming! Seriously, it was a jaw-dropper.

Now I can't wait for the final installment of the Millennium Trilogy - The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest - which I have no doubt will seal Larsson's immortality.


No comments:

Post a Comment